Thursday, December 17, 2009

My And Mary's Magnificat

I have been overwhelmed by the lavish blessings of my LORD. When He gives beyond what is anticipated, I always want to make sure it is honored as best as possible. But always first - and then continuously - is to praise Him!

Perhaps the season guided my mind along with the Spirit as my heart was reminded of these verses today. I pray you will be as blessed by them as I have been. Please take the time to read them as worship to Yahweh.

Luke 1:45-55
"She who had believed is blessed because what was spoken to her by the Lord will be fulfilled!"


And Mary said:
My soul proclaims
the greatness of hte Lord,
and my spirit has rejoiced
in God my Savior,
because He has looked
with favor
on the humble condition
of His slave.
Surely, from now on
all generations
will call me blessed,
because the Mighty One
has done great things
for me,
and His name is holy.
His mercy is from generation
to generation
on those who fear Him.
He has done a mighty deed
with His arm;
He has scattered the proud
because of the thoughts
of their hearts;
He has toppled the mighty
from their thrones
and exalted the lowly.
He has satisfied the hungry
with good things
and sent the rich away empty.
He has helped 
His servant Israel,
mindful of His mercy,
just as He spoke
to our ancestors,
to Abraham and his
descendants forever."


Amen and Amen! Come soon, again, Lord Jesus!
ZB48FVWKEWK6

1 comment:

  1. We studied this on Sunday in Life Group! (of course, you probably did too...) Anyway, we were awe struck by the way Mary spoke. Not only being a teenager feelinging blessed to be carrying the child of God, but in the tense she used in the way she spoke.

    He has done a mighty deed
    with His arm;
    He has scattered the proud
    because of the thoughts
    of their hearts;
    He has toppled the mighty
    from their thrones
    and exalted the lowly.
    He has satisfied the hungry
    with good things
    and sent the rich away empty.
    He has helped
    His servant Israel,
    mindful of His mercy,

    All of these things are spoken like they've already happened, but Mary was talking about the future! The knowledge that God has taken care of everything in the future while she was barely pregnant with Jesus...

    Mary was even more amazing than I have ever realized... The faith she had........

    ReplyDelete