Monday, October 5, 2009

Map Quest And Sin

We are in the Washington D.C. Area right now and it's beautiful! The drive up here was very long though and since we don't make the trip that often, we printed out the directions on Map Quest. Knowing how detailed they are, I put my starting point as Murfreesboro instead of my house, but was still given minute turns from the square.

Looking at the map, I realized that were 16 different “directions”. One was for .2 miles, yet another one was for 349.0 miles, but they both counted as one direction. Isn't that just like sin? No matter how big or small the sin is, it still counts. There are longer periods we have to deal with the consequences on the "bigger" ones, but they count as a sin just same.

We have a holy God who can not have sin in presence: No matter how big or small. And we sin. So, without His grace we could not enter into His presence. Just like every .01 miles counts as a direction, every sin counts as well.

Thank you Lord for Your grace. Thank you that my sins won't travel with me to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment