Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Everyday

What do you do when the everyday seems to get in the way? I've had a great day here, but when it came time to write a blog, I felt I had nothing to say.

I have talked to God a lot today, though. I was thanking Him profusely for helping me to start healing. I've been in pain over the last several days and have not been able to enjoy myself very much. After pleading with the Lord - more than three times - the pain started to subside. Yesterday, every times I was at least comfortable for a half hour, I thanked Him. Today I've been able to thank Him even more, and I hope to soon be able to praise Him all day.

Even though I was praising Him, I felt as though I wasn't learning anything from Him. At first I thought that was a bit of a failing on my part. But we were created to praise and glorify Him. Sometimes in my desire to learn and grow, I forget to take more than a few hours, to worship Him.

I was feeling like my everyday life was getting in my way of learning from God, but He used it to show me that   praising Him needs to be the foundation of my everyday. The learning and growing comes after that.

How are you praising God in your everyday today?

No comments:

Post a Comment