Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Free Will, Grace, And Our Future Hope: In The Eyes Of A 6 Year Old



Last night while praying with my children before bed, my son amazed me with his simple understanding of principles theologians tend to get lost in. Here is his prayer as close as I can remember it:

Dear God. Thank you for letting us make and eat food that is not good for us. We know we should eat healthy things so we can live longer and be healthy our whole lives for You. Sometimes we want to eat bad stuff and not live as long so we can get up to You faster and be with You. But we shouldn't want to do that, because You want us to be healthy and stay here to help other people. So we'll eat good most of the time to make You happy. I love You. Amen.


If only we could keep our faith and devotion that pure. Our children can teach us so much if only we listen!

"...Let the little children come to Me. Don't stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. I assure you: Whoever does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."     Mark 10:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment