Thursday, October 22, 2009

Faith Pay Scale

The Lord has shown me over the last year that I am to be His worker. In other words, He is my provider and support. I have thought many times about trying to write for a publisher or organization, but over and over I have come back to doing it all for free. There have been so many times over the last 10 years that I wished I could get some book or study to do, but couldn't afford it. I have seen others who might have the finances if they really tried to save for it, but lack the conviction to do it because they have not read the material that would help motivate them to save to buy it. What a Catch 22 we have going for immature believers!

Last week, my husband and I were discussing how I really felt the Lord telling me I need to be like George Muller for now: In the area of writing, not opening an orphanage! The Spirit spoke to my heart and told me to give my writings away to all freely and rely on Him for my provisions. There was a peace over us about this decision even though I saw it as a distant promise.

I have also had quite a problem with my health recently. There was a PhD & CCN (Environment/Biochemical & Certified Clinical Nutritionist) I felt the Lord led me to around a month ago who seemed like the perfect fit for figuring out some of my problems. However, when I looked at the fees and realized they didn't take insurance, I put her card on the shelf for when pigs flew.

Guess what? My God can make pigs fly.

Today, a friend of mine, out of the blue handed me a check to go see that doctor specifically, and I already have an appointment for Monday.

Sacrifice a thank offering to God,
and pay your vows to the Most High.
Call on Me in a day of trouble;
I will rescue you, and you will honor Me.
Psalm 50:14-15

Thank you Abba! I will honor You. Help me to honor You more...

No comments:

Post a Comment