Saturday, August 1, 2009

What's Wrong?

How do you worship God with other believers? I'm not asking for your “order of worship”, but how YOU worship. How do we connect together as believers, encouraging and strengthening one another, as the end draws near? If the corporate church were taken out of the picture, what would you do? Many dedicated Christians I have spoken to have said they are craving something else that the church, as we in Western nations define it, is not offering. What is it? Most can't put their finger on it, but many sense it.

What do you think? Is everything going along as it should, or is there something we still need? Perhaps it is as simple as saying we are just longing for our heavenly home, but I truly feel there is more to it than that. Churches across “Christian” nations are declining in attendance at an alarming rate. Are the churches faltering because of commitment? Structuring? Lack of love? Or have you even noticed anything amiss?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly what's wrong, but there is definitely a problem with the church today in this country. It makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that one thing I'm craving is something I've seen in the past. I went to a Bible study/small group led by a couple in their 50's that included ages from college on up. It was the older generation teaching the younger generation. A group of people lifting up each other in their Faith. Open discussion about any topic.... I know I've mentioned it before, but I was there for two of their Sunday nights. It took the 3 hours they spent together both of those weeks to go over Psalm 23!!! It's this desire for digging into the word. For unity. For knowledge. We don't necessarily have that if all we have is community worship.

    ReplyDelete