Thursday, June 4, 2009

Please Pray

Today is a very big day.

There are several very important things going on in my life today as well of some of my closest friends. A family member will find out what stage of cancer they are in, as well as if there are other factors or illnesses to deal with. I have a friend who is making some major changes in her life, and today is a key day. Another friend's one year old son is having surgery. Yet, another friend is hoping to hear if she got a job she interviewed for and really needs. And, I just found out some disturbing news last night about one of my children as well.

There is nothing better to do today than pray. Will you please join me? God knows the details better than I, so just lay it all before Him.

Here are a few verses on prayer. There is nothing like praying the Word, by the power and encouragement of the Word.

Psalm 18:6 “I called to the Lord in my distress, and I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry reached His ear.”

Matthew 18:19-20 “Again I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you pray for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”

Luke 18:1 “He then told them a parable on the need for them to pray always and not become discouraged.”

2 Corinthians 1:11 “And you can join in helping with prayer for us, so that thanks may be given by many on our behalf for the gift that came to us through the prayers of many.”

James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful.”

Thank you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am holding you up in prayer. I know that God is in control of everything and that He will work everything together for good. I love you and also pray that you have His peace surrounding you today!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your requests and echo Rhonda's prayer that you be surrounded by that peaceful gentle feeling that only comes from the Lord.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete