Monday, June 1, 2009

Bed

Kevin laughs at me because every once in a while when we are going to bed, I stretch out and snuggle down while softly saying, “Mmm... Bed.” I love bed. It just feels so good. I thank God for my soft mattress, clean sheets, and warm blankets. When I'm tired nothing feels better.

The last few nights though, as I laid down, I wondered what took me so long to get there. I love the feeling of relaxing and going to sleep. So, why do I continue to stay up later and later doing nothing very important most of the time. I keep putting off going to bed until I'm too tired to enjoy it. Why?

Then I wondered why I also keep putting off my quiet time with God. Oh, I talk to Him everyday and study often, I just don't get the down time with Him that I long for. Why? No good reason. Just busyness.

So, today I'm cutting this short. I'm going to spend some alone time with God and then enjoy going to bed. Why don't you do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment