Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finding God

How are you at finding God every day?

Now, I'm not talking about reading your Bible and praying. We all should be doing those things. I'm talking about finding him while driving in traffic, fixing dinner, folding clothes, or mowing. (One of my personal favorites!) When you woke this morning did you ask God to teach you something new?

The funny thing about asking God to teach you something new daily, is the way in which He does!
  • He has taught me that He is my daily bread when fixing sandwiches and complaining about my wheat allergies.
  • I learned about predestination verses free-will in the board game Robo Rally. (I'll share that one later!)
  • I was reminded how eternal He is when Elijah, my 5 yr old, told me numbers have to keep getting bigger so that God can keep getting older.
  • I learned how much he loves to spoil us with the "miracle of the wheat thins"! (He let me eat some one day without getting sick!)
  • I learned how He even uses our mistakes to teach us a lesson, when I turned to the wrong verse, but it was exactly what I needed to hear.
  • I learned how I have to keep cutting out the sin that springs up in my life while mowing.

And on and on!

What has He taught you today?

2 comments:

  1. I will admit to being really intrigued by the predestination through Robo Rally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the theology of Robo Rally - that is the only reason I play the game ;-)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete