Friday, January 21, 2011

Today's Everyday

Sorry for the sporadic posts as of late. My goal has always been to do at least five a week unless its a holiday. This past month has just been difficult though. I'd like to blame some of it on the weather- The kids have had 5 snow days and one holiday in the last two weeks of school. In the midst of that I've also began a new Thursday study, and am preparing for a new Tuesday evening/ Wednesday morning study, I've been in a lot of physical pain, and my mind has been heavily on other "future events" as well. All this to say....I've not been as inspired to make sense of what God has been teaching me enough to write it down.

As I was chiding myself for that this morning, I realized something. Even in the midst of these roadblocks - also called, LIFE- I've been able to keep up my daily reading through the Bible, my studying of His Word, and have had many great conversations with people about how God is working in their lives. Not that this blog isn't important to me, but I feel I've gotten my priorities straightened out a bit. I've even taken time to rest and relax some. I know it sounds odd, but I have a hard time doing that. It has always made me feel like I wasn't using my time wisely and I was being lazy, but it hasn't been so bad this time. I know that God wants us to rest. (Remember what God did the 7th day of creation and the Sabbath?) Perhaps I've just always felt I have too much time to make up for!

This morning, (Um, afternoon. God let me sleep in till almost 10!), God has comforted me in all this. That is part, He reminded me, of living everyday with Him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment