Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Altered

Should you let your perceptions of Jesus Christ be altered?

Honestly, that depends. What are your perceptions of Him? Make a mental list. What do you believe about Jesus Christ?

Really when it comes down to it, there is very little about Jesus Christ that we must never allow to be changed, and most of it can be summed up in two verses. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "3 For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,4 that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,"
There is a very important statement in there which is elemental: According to the Scriptures.

Whatever you may believe about Jesus Christ must be backed by the Scriptures. Otherwise you are placing Him in the small box of your limited expectations and are stifling His work in your life.

Take some time today to find one thing that you think you know about Him and search the Bible for proof. Allow yourself the time to be awed at His creativity, beauty, and majesty...then prepare for a wondrous work in your life!

My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.
Proverbs 23:26

1 comment:

  1. "beacuse it means you put God in a box" was my answer to that question in the Beth Moore study... It's one of my FAVORITE quotes =o)

    ReplyDelete