Saturday, August 7, 2010

[Earth : What Is Seen] as [Heaven : ???]

I love to imagine what heaven will be like.

There will be lots of food I can eat without gaining a ton of weight...or going into anaphylactic shock. I can fly whenever I want and even visit the stars when so inspired. I'll always be learning and discovering new things, and there will be no dust. Trust me, I looked it up. The only benefit of dust in the air is for water molecules to gather on in order to form rain droplets. God's going to water it all from the ground like He originally intended. (Genesis 2:5-6) Though, that does mess up my hope for a good thunder storm...

However you see heaven - or the new earth - to be like, it won't even compare. Honestly, we can only begin to dream of the wonders which are in store for those of us who love Him:

What no eye has seen 
   and no ear has hear, 
and what has never come 
   into a man's heart, 
is what God has prepared 
   for those who love Him.
1 Corinthians 2:9

So go ahead and spend some time dreaming with God. (1 Corinthians 2:10)
For the Spirit, who searches the deep things of God, just might infuse those dreams with what He knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment