Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are You Awake?

My daughter Lauren has a difficult time waking up. If her alarm is set across the room and she has to get out of bed to turn it off, she does fine. It's when we try and wake her the problem comes in. This morning after I went over and gently shook her, she said she was getting up. 
Two minutes later she was still in bed. 

Talking loudly to her and turning the lights on she began to stretch and sit up so I went to make breakfast, though after about ten minutes I realized she hadn't come out yet. Opening her bedroom door, there she was curled back up and sound asleep. "Lauren!" I fussed. "Get your body out of that bed and get dressed!" She sprung into a sitting position and said, "I am out of bed and dressed!" Then looking around rather dazed, she slumped. "Oh. It was just a dream. I thought I already got up."

Have you ever found that though you thought you had grasped a spiritual concept or had been serving God in particular way, that you had in fact never even "gotten out of bed"? Sometimes we learn things that we know in our mind, but have just never reached our heart. 

The Spirit is constantly working in our lives to wake us up: Our job is to realize where we have been dreaming.

Ask God today to allow your heart to accept the truths the Spirit has revealed to you. I believe we all have some area where we haven't let the full truth sink in allowing us to live  awake and fully aware of the power Jesus Christ can have in our lives. Think of how effective our life would be in glorifying God and witnessing for His kingdom if we were fully awake!



No comments:

Post a Comment