Friday, July 16, 2010

Anger and God

Every time you have a great "Ah-ha!" God-moment, Satan attacks with a great "Why?" moment.

There was a point earlier today where I learned an amazing lesson from God on answered prayer. And tonight? I'm sitting here in tears because I can't even make my kids the soup they want. They've been asking for minestrone with Italian sausage for several days and I'm more than willing in an attempt to get more vegetables down Elijah. I got as far as the sausage cooking and my lungs are closing in and burning something horrible. (It's like a couple of big brothers sitting on your chest.) Next we are suppose to boil carrots, onions, pepper and pasta among other ingredients. The vapor from the carrots alone has almost had me in the hospital before.

So right now, I'm trusting God to handle my hurt. He made me this way and allowed my body to react in this manner. I don't have to like it, but at least I'm comforted knowing I can go to Him with my frustrations, anger, and pain. What a blessing to know He can handle all things when I can not.

1 comment:

  1. I am crying with you...and praying for you. It is times like this that I wish that I could just twitch my nose like Samantha and be there to help you! Love you--take care, I do not want you to collapse! Love you, Girl!

    ReplyDelete