Friday, April 30, 2010

Gardening

Guess what God has been doing in my life the last few days? Gardening.

I've come to see my life as this beautiful field full of tall grasses, shrubs, and flowers: Rather like a lush, English garden. He and I have worked very hard to make it so. We had cut down all the briers and pulled many weeds. (Those pesky little things just kept popping up! But less in the last few years...) My Father has been great at teaching me when to water, fertilize, and prune. He always knows just when it's needed most in order to flourish. And He knows where to get the best seeds...

But, He's decided it's time to change it up a bit. He wants to plant some things that will produce a lot of fruit. So, He's been digging up some old roots that were still there, hidden underneath and forgotten. He say they're in the way.

But it really hurts.

I'm so glad He's taught me to trust Him. Otherwise there's no way I'd let Him tear me up like this! But I know He's doing it so we can have a great harvest. I'll just keep my focus on Him and think about how good that fruit will taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment