Sunday, March 28, 2010

Family

I had an experience a few years ago that I still think about on occasion.

One of the best places to listen to worship music is while driving. Not only does being stuck in a fast moving metal box force me to slow my mind down and take time to worship, but I've found that road rage - on my part - is curbed as well. I happened once, to be listening to my favorite local Christian radio station, Way-FM, and was singing along at the top of my lungs to a worship tune that was playing as I pulled up to an intersection. After a few moments I looked in my rear-view mirror and noticed a young man with a huge grin on his face staring straight at me. It took me a second before I realized that he too was singing the same worship song I was! Laughing, I smiled back and we jammed that worship song together.

When the light turned, I slowed down a bit and he pulled up next to me. We grinned at each other as the next song came on and realizing it was time for him to turn, we nodded to one another in recognition of our common Savior and parted ways on this earth.

I can't wait to laugh about it with him in heaven!

Do you ever take the time to realized how blessed we are to have so many brothers and sisters in Christ? I find it amazing that I can meet a perfect stranger and have such a sweet connection, or re-connect with those I haven't seen in years and have an instant spark and interest in our Living Lord. Only God can accomplish such a feat with such stubborn and selfish hearts.

I've also found that parting with fellow Christians doesn't bother me as much either. I've told those who leave that if we never meet again here on this earth, I'll give them a big hug in heaven. What a peace and joy! The more I live knowing this is "not my home" the less the typical sorrows of this world bother me. (2 Corinthians 5:1-4)

Take some time today to thank God for all your siblings in Christ. Marvel at and praise Him for how He connects us by the Spirit, through Jesus, for the glory of God the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment