Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pop Tests

Be careful of the advise you give: You may soon have to follow it.

The Lord has been teaching me quite a few lessons lately, so I beg your indulgence as I get through this time. Much of it has not been able to put into words, so I haven't talked about it here. Just know that I'm in "class" full time with Him and as I take these pop quizzes He seems so fond if, I may digress and/or not have much of me on here. That may be a very good thing...

One of the challenges I have been facing currently stems from some advise the Lord had me give someone very dear to me. I know that what I told her was not easy, but I believe with all my heart that the Lord says it is the best way to handle the situation. You just can't go wrong with the Bible- the Word of God. So now that I have claimed it will work with her, the Lord has seen fit for me to test that on myself. Ouch. Yes, it will work: My God is Faithful and True. But it is not easy. I know..., who ever said it would be?

I covet your prayers right now. And I thank you. May you be as blessed in this ministry you can do for me, as I have been by you all in the past by your words of encouragement and love.

Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! Its rider is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
Revelation 19:11


How reassuring to know He's fighting for me...

2 comments:

  1. Just make sure you share with her that you are also being tested. I think that God not only wants you to grow, but it is an extra way to encourage your friend and for you to share in her struggles in a real way to help her. Not fun though.

    You are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am praying that God will bless you at this time by allowing you to catch a glimpse of the rewards and blessings that are waiting for you at the end of this test. May He reach down and roll back the storm clouds billowing in your heart just enough for you to see that what’s waiting for you at the end is a beautiful rainbow. And as the rainbow was a sign of the covenant God established with Noah (Gen 9:8) may it also remind you of the new covenant He has made with us and all the promises that go along with that covenant. Including that He will never leave you nor forsake you (Heb 13:5) and that He is right in the middle of the storm with you just as He was in Mark 4:35-41. May His presence guide you through this as clearly as the pillar of cloud by which He guided the children of Israel through the wilderness by day and as the pillar of fire by night (Ex 13:22). May you receive His promises, guidance, and peace. Be blessed, in the name of Jesus.

    Ok, I know you said it was a test instead of a storm, but somehow the storm theme just worked its way in. And I've taken some tests in school that felt pretty stormy. Fortunately, you are taking an open-book test :-) You will ace this one!

    ReplyDelete