Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Chicken Or The Egg?

I love how the Lord works. One of the verses that has been coming to mind for no apparent reason just happened to be in my devotional reading yesterday.

Then He told them, "The Sabbath was made for man and not the man for the Sabbath"...
Mark 2:27

It made me start thinking: How does that apply to us today? What are some of the ways that we have made the laws, or our religion, our master instead of it being there for our benefit? I know there have been times in my life where my quiet time with the Lord has become that way. I've become a slave to it instead of doing it out of love and devotion to my true Master, the Lord. Now, this isn't to say that doing my devotions when I don't feel like it is wrong. What Jesus was asking was a deeper issue: Where does your heart lie in this matter?

Take some time as you go throughout your day, or week, to discover where your heart is in relationship with the Lord and the things of Him. Ask Him to search your heart- to test you- see if there is any offense which needs be corrected in order to be lead on the right paths. (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment