Thursday, December 3, 2009

An Underlined Day

Some days there is just so much going on physically, spiritually, and/or emotionally that there is just no sorting it out. Those are "Underlined Days".

What are you suppose to do?

1.   Get out the Bible you use most often, or find one that you use to use a lot, but haven't since you got the new version.
2.   Open it to where the binding is the weakest.
3.   Start looking for the verses you have underlined or specially marked in the past and read only those.
4.   As you read, see if you can remember why it was marked. What did God have to say to you then?
5.   If a verse reminds you of troubled times past, praise God for His faithfulness in bringing you through. If it brings to mind happier moments, ask Him to comfort you now and rekindle the joy of your salvation even in troubled times.
6.   If you have no clue as to why you marked it, thank Him that His Word is alive. It never changes, but it often comes like a fresh wave. (Don't be sad it's low tide now, just get prepared for high tide later!)

Dear Father in heaven, thank you for my Bible and a good, sharp pencil...

1 comment:

  1. It was an interesting exercise. The Bible that I use now I got for a class in college so some of the underlined passages were for the class and I don't think about them often. They are not your typical things to underline, but they still speak to me. Thank you for suggesting that we look at those.

    The stuff that I underlined since then did not surprise me as much because I look at those a lot.

    ReplyDelete