Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crowns

Yesterday I had to go to the dentist and get a crown. Well, actually, I was given a temporary one until the real one comes in. The worst part was all the drilling and even getting to the tooth; of course it was one of the ones in the very back. There's nothing quite like lying there with two sets of hands prying open your jaw while your head vibrates from drilling and at the same time having to breath in the burnt bone smell coming from your own mouth.

I don't like going to the dentist.

Later on as I reflected on the fact that I could actually will myself to be still and let strangers do that to me, a thought came to mind: Being a Christian who is living life fully for God is not easy either. Not only do we come up against resistance from the world, but we also have a God  who loves us enough to discipline us (Hebrews 12:5-8). And what will we recieve for enduring this life as His servants?
The crown of life.


"Blessed is a man who endures trials, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12


I only have my temporary right now in that area as well - His Promise - but one day I will meet my Savior face to face and He will give me my permanent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment