Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Slacking

I'll be very honest with you all- I'm slacking. Bad. 

Yes, I've read my Bible when looking up something; and yes, the Lord has been speaking to me and blessing me. But I haven't taken the time much in the last few days to really listen to God, and to really read my Bible, so I'm not going to pretend like I have. Don't worry- I feel awful about it.

These are the times when it does not seem like the most wonderful time of the year. I get so busy with the Christmas season that I spend less time with the reason for the season. Part of me has come to realize that I am a creature of schedules. When I'm thrown off my schedule for too long, I let things go - like reading my Bible - too easily. But that's no excuse, really.

Thank you Lord for Zechariah 1:3!
"So tell the people: This is what the LORD of Hosts says: Return to Me" - this is the declaration of the LORD of Hosts - "and I will return to you, says the LORD of Hosts."

No comments:

Post a Comment