Friday, November 13, 2009

What Does It Mean?

The gospel is Christ crucified. 

"For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Gentiles... When I came to you, brothers, announcing the testimony of God to you, I did not come with brilliance of speech of wisdom. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."  1 Corinthians 1:22-23, 2:1-2

So what does the cross represent to you?

I haven't to listed anything so that you won't read over them lightly. That's too easy to do. Take the time today to ponder all the cross means to you, and pray to have the Spirit impress upon your heart new ways to appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. That's been a big contemplation, friend... but what's been getting me more? "For I determined to know NOTHING among you EXCEPT JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED."

    I'm trying to figure out wht it looks like to know NOTHING except...

    ReplyDelete