Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Are You A Big Stall-er?

OK. This is a totally nit-picky, but do you ever have the dilemma of which stall to use when going into a public restroom?

I do.

When you walk in there is usually one large stall and several small ones. Now, I want to use the big stall in order to have more room. You know, more space to place your purse, bags, back pack, etc. However, the large stall is there for a reason: The handicap and people with small children. I have to admit that I'm always happy when it is the only one open. And those times of waiting in line - you know what I mean ladies - when it's the large one that opens up next for me I feel like I won the lottery!

This is one of those weird things that the Spirit has convicted me of. If I say I show love to others (1 John 3:18), and I'm suppose to do for them what I'd want done for me (Luke 6:31), then shouldn't I leave the big stall for them if at all possible?

Just a little something to ponder...

2 comments:

  1. And if I am waiting in line and the big stall opens, I always let the next person go...I like the roomy part of the stall, but I don't like the high seat! But seriously, you are right...we need to follow the golden rule more as Christians and seek to share the best with others and to give them first choice! Just need to realize that just because you like the big stall does not mean that all do! :-) Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know not everyone does like them. I have even thought of you and those tall seats! :) But my point was that I should leave them open for others who come in and need them, not just prefer them. We should think ahead to possible need when we can. :)

    ReplyDelete