Thursday, October 1, 2009

Alive

We've all heard and read that the Word of God, the Bible, is alive. Have you ever really taken the time to think that through? God is so beyond our understanding, that He is able to make specific, written words live. They don't come alive - they are alive.

Think of it: Words written 3000 years ago, still teach and speak to us in very real personal and corporate ways. That's mind blowing in and of itself. Another amazing thing to ponder is what John 1:1,14 says. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."  


Think of it. Our God is so powerful that He can make His Words becoming living flesh and then place Himself within them to save us. It's not a metaphor - it's real. So, if we love God, we have to love His Word.


How much have you loved and appreciated Him lately?

1 comment:

  1. You are right--the His words are alive...and when we accept Him as our Saviour, then they live in us! I have loved that scripture since I was just a young girl and discovered them. I pondered those verses and just kept reading them one summer--it seemed that I never tired of reading them. I would read John 1 the first thing every morning and several more times during the day....I would sometimes read other scriptures, but always that one trying to understand it and then the night when I surrendered my soul to Jesus, I knew what those verses meant! Praise God--He Lives in me!

    ReplyDelete