Monday, September 28, 2009

Prayer Time

What is your prayer time like?

I ask because I'm beginning to wonder if we ever feel like we've prayed enough. Yes, there are times where I get tired of praying for the same thing over and over, but even then I wonder if I'm wimping out on persistence. Or, perhaps I'm not in the will of God with that request and if I was praying more I'd know better. How do I figure that out? Yep. By praying about it.

While looking up some Scripture today about prayer, I was humbled and ashamed seeing all the time Jesus took for it. At times it was early in the morning (Mark 1:35), and at other times He was up all night praying (Luke 6:12). I may have times where I spend more specialized time praying, and at other times I can say I lean towards 1 Thessalonians 5:17  when it tells us to "pray without ceasing". Those are the times I relish, for I basically carry on a conversation with God as I go throughout my entire day. Yet, it never seems to be too long before I've found once again that I'm getting in bed and haven't really spoken with the Lord at all that day.

So I'd like to ask you how your prayer life is right now. So-so? Pretty good? Virtually non-existent?

What are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment