Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hmmm...

Matthew 3:16-17  "After Jesus was baptized, He went up immediately from the water. The heavens suddenly opened for Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on Him. And there came a voice from heaven: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him!"

I've always wondered...
Did God speak here in Hebrew, because they were His chosen people? Or did He speak in Greek because Jesus was there to bring salvation to the Gentiles as well?

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if it was similar to Pentecost where no matter what language you spoke/understood, that's how you heard "the voice from heaven"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Joy has the right idea--I think that all who heard understood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what Kevin said too, and I thought of as well, but that just makes it too easy.;-) Also, I think that would have been mentioned as yet another aspect of the miracle. Besides, most likely they were mostly Jews there anyway. Who knows...for now!

    ReplyDelete