Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tired

Do you ever get tired of Christianity? I'm not talking about being tired with God, Jesus, or the Gospel. I'm talking about Christianity; the Religion. I've found that sometimes I don't want to sit there and hear a lesson trying to tie together certain Scriptures into a convenient package. Are we afraid to admit that?

For those of you who attend my church, this has nothing to do with today's message. It was a very good sermon, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'll be honest, it may be that I'm just in a cranky mood: It's happened before! Truly, it's as though I felt a sadness covering everything. Not from the individual people, but as though it was God's collective feelings for us.

Life is not always on schedule and seldom do we learn lessons in convenient, thematic formats. Do we leave ourselves open to God's guidance in how to worship Him enough? Once again, I'm not speaking against a church schedule. It would be chaotic if we didn't have some order of worship. I'm talking about leaving ourselves open to the Spirit's whispering of an occasional need to talk about something else. Something that is real and specific in the lives of those we gather with, and not just tailored to fit the masses.

I'm praying that the Lord leads me to write these blogs in a very relevant way. I want it to be real, inspirational, informative, and encouraging. This is one of those less-than-typical days that is very real and, I hope, encouraging to you that you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment