Monday, August 17, 2009

Ask God

I want you to spend a few moments right now to ask God what He would like to teach you about this week.


It may be a fruit of the Spirit you need to work on or refine.

Do you need to work on being still and just knowing God?

Perhaps you need to work on getting busier for God – and less for you.

Is there a worry or cencern that's been eating at you which you need to hand over to God and let Him calm and care for you?

Has the Spirit been convicting you about memorizing more Scripture?

It could be that God just wants you to spend alone time with Him everyday, no matter if it's at different times each day.


Whatever it is, you will never know unless you ask: And then be quiet and listen.

2 comments:

  1. He needs for me to remember that HE is my rock and that no matter how busy I am with registration this week HE is there to lift me up. I need to remember that I may be dealing with people this week who do not know Him and that if they see His spirit in me, they may want to know him also. I have my rock in my pocket where I can just reach in and touch it and be reminded that He is there for me and loves me.....

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding this post and your last post...I was also very sad yesterday, even though I also thought the sermon was great. It was one of those days where you feel the hopelessness of life especially strong, in the sense of not knowing why we're here. How impossible it all seems...to be alive, to have a Savior, to know that security and yet feel the impossibleness of such a scenario at the same time...I don't know if this makes much sense.

    I do feel that I need to be doing more work for God than I am, but sometimes I feel discouraged because it seems like women have so many limitations in the church...and, I mean, I agree with the limitations...I believe it's biblical that a woman shouldn't pastor a church. But, sometimes I would like to be able to discuss theology with people without it being viewed as "women's ministry." I don't like having to fit everything in that neat category...but maybe that's just my sin nature. It's difficult to know.

    ReplyDelete