Friday, August 7, 2009

The Greatest Honor - Part Two

*If you have not read part one, please go below and do so first.


What did you decide would be the greatest honor for you? As I've mulled this over, I've come up with the same answer for the last few years now. Most of you may not understand why, but this comes from the deepest part of my heart: The greatest honor that could ever be bestowed upon me would be to be martyred for the name of Jesus Christ. I have no idea why this desire is so strong, but it is. Believe me, I'm not looking to go and find it either! I have no death wish. I just think being called to lay down my life for Jesus is the least I could give. I also know He give us nothing more than we can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13), and if He gave me the privilege of martyrdom, that means He thinks enough of me to be able to handle it. What an honor!

But for now, my Lord has given me a much more difficult task than dieing for Him. He has told me over and over that what He has called me to, for now, takes even more strength. That is living for Him. What would a life totally sold out to God look like? I think He has taken me beyond to point of death. I have given my life to Him. I am willing to die this moment for Him. Now that I am in essence dead to all else, can I use the life I lay down before Him to live fully for Him. It's not an easy task and life often gets in the way. How blessed am I that He honors me to represent Him here on earth. I pray I am up to the challenge. Sometimes I think death would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment