Monday, October 11, 2010

Little Reminders

I absolutely love when God reminds me of lessons in holiness in daily trivialities. Not only do I learn something, but am encouraged by the fact I am finally listening to the Spirit!

Last night as I stood on my back porch looking at the stars, I had two very distinct yet opposite smells accost me: Bounty dryer sheets and a decomposing animal. A neighbor was drying their clothes and with the unusual heat, a deceased animal was attracting the buzzards.

That, He indicated to me, is a modern version of Matthew 23:27-28."Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men's bones and every impurity. In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." It is a great reminder that the pretty scent of a religious duty doesn't cover the stench of a rotten spirit.

Listen for the little things the Spirit is teaching you. What lessons has He brought to your attention recently? If you don't know, ask Him to reveal one to you. Start by reading the Word everyday and then ask Him to keep your spiritual eyes and ears open.

He wants to teach you. Do you want to be taught?

No comments:

Post a Comment