Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Listening To Doubt

We should always listen to our doubts.

Now, before you get too upset, take a moment and listen to what I mean. When we are assailed by doubts from every corner there are some very specific questions we need to answer: Why am I doubting? What are the reasons I doubt? In what way am I doubting? In other words: Is this doubt Scripture based, or self-worth based? In order to combat or take serious the doubt, we need to recognize their root: The Spirit or the Devil.

Listen to your doubts. Assess their origin. Then deal with them appropriately. If they are a discernment from the Spirit, search the Scriptures to find out why. If they are from the enemy, take up the shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16) and cry out to our Savior as a young boy's father once did, "I do believe. Help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment