Thursday, July 1, 2010

On The Tail Of The Titanic

Have you ever felt as though you were on a sinking ship?

Sometimes it's obvious to those around us: Health issues, job loss, death in the family, etc. Other times no one may know: Emotional distress, family disagreements, complacency, and such.

My sinking ship really just has a slow leak. For the last several months I've been in a "dry season", "dark night of the soul", "slump", or whatever you want to call it. I've just had a hard time connecting with God. As a result, I've found that I'm having to rely more on faith and less on feeling. I know God is there- Matthew 28:20. I know He is faithful- Exodus 15:13. So the question I've had to answer is, "When I don't feel it at all for long periods of time, what am I going to do about it?"

I'm going to keep seeking Him with everything I have. I know He wants me to come to Him, so He'll give me the strength to do it, if that's truly my heart's desire.

I'm picturing it like the movie Titanic. They main characters did everything they could to get off the boat, yet in the end they had to run to the back of the ship and ride the tail to the water in order to stay afloat as long as possible. The only difference here is that I know He'll teach me to walk on water when there is nothing earthly left to stand on!

No comments:

Post a Comment