Monday, May 3, 2010

When the Schedule is Interrupted

How do you respond to God when your life in interrupted?

Here in the Nashville, Tennessee area we have had flooding for the last few days due to a frontal system that stalled over us for about two days. Truly for once, to call it Epic is appropriate.(Building floating down I-24)

I have to admit that while I have talked to God and prayed for many friends whose homes have flooded or were about to, I haven't gotten into the Word as deeply. I'm not saying that God is horribly disappointed or that He doesn't understand and I've been bad. I just miss Him. I miss the Word speaking to me freshly. I'm so grateful that I do. It's a good indicator to me that I really do care deeply about Him and what He has to say to me.


So I'm going to go gorge on it.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday as I was working on a cross stitch project, searching of news of the flooding situation in Tennessee and Kentucky, and praying for those who were or might be affected with the flooding, it just was not working! I had to take out one row of stitches THREE times! I finally gave up--turned off the TV, put down the cross stitch and picked up HIS word. It spoke to me (as I knew that it would) and then I was able to pray--stop being tempted to worry, and experience the Joy of the Lord even in adverse situations! Yes, I am still concerned about the situation--but trusting HIM and NOT WORRYING! Enjoy your time with HIM, I did! Let me know if there is any way that I can help those who have lost so much!

    ReplyDelete