Monday, February 1, 2010

Coincidence or Connected?

It amazes me that when you are paying attention to your life and  it's lessons, all of the "coincidences" that pop up. 

In the past week there have been so many I've lost count. And I'm not talking about little, "Hey, that's kinda like this!" type things, but the, "You know such-n-such that I just told you about yesterday and haven't dealt with in three years? It showed up today!"   

Those kind.

I know I'm being rather vague, but they are so specific I need to be. 

Do I chalk them all up to coincidence? Or do I acknowledge the fact that my God, who is the Creator and Orchestrator of the universe and our lives, is speaking to me, testing me, and reminding me that He is here. And that He cares. Deeply enough to put this show of His power together for me to witness.

What has He been teaching you recently in this way? Sometimes there are a million different things, and other times He is silent. Perhaps those are the times we need to be reflecting on the ones He's already shown us. 

There is always something.

2 comments:

  1. I was just talking about this sort of thing with a friend of mine the other day. She and I both agreed that it is amazing that some people think there is no God and yet He is there in everything. I think coincidences may be a time to ask God if He is trying to get our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holy Spirit communicates the deep things of God to us. But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. (1stCor 2:9-12)

    ReplyDelete