Monday, November 23, 2009

So Out Of My Box There Was No Shape

I had an amazing experience in worship yesterday morning! 

Never have I felt the presence of the Lord so strongly for such a distinct period of time. There was a very limited portion of the message where His presence was so strong and pressing, I could hardly breathe. Tears came to my eyes and I had to gasp a few times for breath. If I hadn't been raised Baptist and been in a Baptist church, I would have fallen on the floor prostrate: I almost did anyway! How I should have!

The Lord spoke very boldly to me through this. It was not necessarily an audible voice. The best way I can describe it is by saying I was sitting in a room infused with His jelly of Truth. It was so thick and so obvious, I can find no other was to explain it. And just as quickly as it came, it went away. It was so powerful that I couldn't even comprehend it until later. I had no idea why He was there in that way, or what He was trying to say, but I do now. The Spirit wants to help us understand! And so He explained it to me. And I'm excitedly frightened. That just seems to be His way at times, isn't it?

Have you ever experienced the overwhelming presence of your Lord and Savior? If so, don't forget the lesson or comfort He was giving you. If you haven't, ask Him for it. Day and night seek Him. I don't believe that it is something to be experienced on demand, or very often, but it is a blessing I believe He desires to bestow upon us. Trust me, if He can be so gracious to me, He certainly can to you!




1 comment:

  1. That is such a good description of the way it felt when God had a very important message for me and David. He was telling us it was time for us to Go. One of the things that was so amazing to me was to know God's presence (and in our case voice) was so strong in that place, but it did not seem to affect other people in the service. I sat there and cried both for joy (at knowing His will) and for fear (at knowing we had to leave and it would be hard and scary).

    It was hard, but through the time of wandering and searching for our new church home we KNEW God was leading us. I cherished that moment when He made it so clear to us the next step in our journey with Him.

    He brought us to where we needed to be - for us and for them. I am now constantly blessed by our time in church and with the family we have found there.

    Listen. Follow. And rest in Him!

    ReplyDelete