Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hanging Out With God

This morning I was actually able to get up and have a quite breakfast – alone – and aimlessly read my Bible. I didn't realize how much I really missed it until I was in the midst of it.

I began wondering why we do that? It seems no matter how hard I try, and how close I may be getting to God, I suddenly find myself having gone three or four days without reading my Bible or actually listening to God and not just talking at Him. I've especially found it difficult as I've been writing this blog. I may be reading my Bible, talking, and even listening to God, but always through the eyes of what I can write about. Not that I think it's a bad thing, but I miss just hanging out with God at times. What a funny thing that we seem to be such creatures of habit, yet have such a difficult time holding onto the good ones.

My schedule has been up in the air lately, and I know that is part of the problem. My plan is to just snatch the little “down” times when I can.

Like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment